Sunday, September 07, 2008

Back to School
Summer seems to be coming to an end, thank goodness! The heat and humidity were really starting to depress me. We can finally go on walks, go to the park, and play in our own backyard again (without dying of heat stroke, that is). The kids are back on a pretty good schedule with school and early bed-times. Visitors have all gone. We survived our first Hurricane Watch and it's nice and quiet around here.
Kimball started all-day Kindergarten and seems to be adjusting OK. It's a LONG day. He gets home and has no desire to listen, look me in the eye, obey, etc. He said once, "Mom, I've been good all day! I walked where I was supposed to, I followed instructions, I listened to my teacher. I'm so tired!" Children are so wise. I realize that he is giving his best and there's really nothing left for me. It'll get better, so I'm told, but for now, we have to give each other some space at the end of the day.

Clara is thrilled to be back in school. I hope to put her in Kindergarten when we move out west. I think she'll be ready. Is that a good idea? Both of my kids are September babies, so if I do put her ahead, they'll only be 1 year apart in school. I figure if she's reading, she'll be ready and there's no reason to keep her back, right?



4 comments:

Karolyn said...

Mila's in all day kindergarten too, and she loves it. She's really worn out at the end of the day. I think that a lot of girls are ready to go to school early. I have two sisters with fall birthdays who started kindergarten at 4, but that's because we lived some place where the deadline was December. Your kids are so cute.

The Corbridge's said...

What good looking kids! Happy Birthday to Kimball today!!! We sure miss you guys!

Cardalls said...

Your kids look great. I love back to school photos. You can see the excitement in their faces. Our kindergarten is optional for full day, and I'm on the fence about what to do with Lily. She did 4 days per week last year and this year, so I think she'll be ready, but the days are sooooo long when you include the bus ride. I have until January to decide, so you'll have to let me know how Kimball adjusts.

The Corbridge's said...

Happy Birthday to Clara today!!