Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Things have been pretty busy around here. Kimball and Clara both just had their birthdays. One Star Wars party down, one Barbie party to go. I can't believe our little guy is 6 and our sweet girl is 4. Are we really that old? YO! I feel so blessed to have 3 healthy, happy children. Who can resist such adorable kids? I think Joel and I make some pretty good looking kiddos. Why not have more? (um, just kidding...right now I feel like I'm running a marathon, barely able to catch my breath, kids just got put in time out, but it's lots of fun!) Tessa is at my favorite age, smiling and cooing, making it all worth it. We're not biased or anything, but I'm kind of in love! Here are a couple of funny conversations:

Driving home from school:
"Hey mom! I know that girl. I saw her in the bacteria!"
"You mean cafeteria?"
"Yeah, the cafeteria..."

Yesterday I was upstairs putting the baby in the bath. Clara yelled up to me,
"Mom there's a frog in our house!!!"
"What? Is it alive?"
"Yes! He's hopping around!"
I ran downstairs with a naked baby in one arm trying to catch a ginormous frog. Yuck! Where is Kimball when I need him? Oh yeah, in the bacteria.

Thoughts by Kimball on his baby sister Tessa:
"I used to think a baby girl was boringer than a baby boy; but now I think she's beautiful and I love her."

Clara is a huge fan of Barbie in the Diamond Castle. We hear her singing, all the time:
"I feel connected, protected...da da da da da da...you hear me, you're near me, and every little thing will be all right... nothing can break this time, connected."

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love hearing little's kids comments, and the bacteria is hilarious.

Nina Cerbo said...

Tell Kimball that I think she's beautiful too! Oh and by the way, obviously Kimball is beyond smart. I call our cafeteria the bacteria too ;)

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing that is so funny. I can just see you chasing that frog. Hey at least it was not a bigger critter!!! hope all is well