Some favorite poems from 2004 and 2005
On His Moustache, A Sonnet
by John Alba Cutler
by John Alba Cutler
I grew a moustache on my rosy nose,
Composed of wispy, curly wires of black;
It blossomed on my lip like a dark rose,
I hope it doesn't migrate to my back.
My moustache makes me feel like a new man-
With it, I rejoice, The night warms my breast.
I can meet any challenge, with this span
of haughty hair across my mouth, And lest
you think this moustache unbecoming - look!
A hint of red, a whisper of velvet,
My face is suddenly a very book
of poems, and this the crowning sonnet.
The magnum opus of an unshaved face,
A psalm to roses, to upper lips, a grace.
Mach 4 by Joel Henriod
Lip Whiskers do please
My lover always, nat'ral
Aphrodisiac
Ode to the Mustache by Trent Lofgren
For many years you reigned supreme
On upper lips oh how you seemed to gleam.
Why I know four parents, were all quite sure
That there would be no end to this upper lip fur.
Lo, what happened? The nineties I'm afraid.
For over a decade, we've all been depraved.
Oh what a shame to lose such a treasure,
The mighty mustache that elicits such pleasure.
Although not extinct; for you can always see
Simply dormant it lies camouflaged by the goatee.
Tonight there's no fear, no shame, no doubt
As evident here they've given to sprout.
So drink some egg nog, no matter the cost
And let your mustache show off its new frost.
It's sad that this night will be gone in a flash
Bu I will always stay true to my mighty mustache.
2 comments:
HEY!!! Where is Ode to Tom Seleck? I thought that was classic! And the don't forget the Ode to Burt Reynolds! How can we get a copy of those?
I can't believe we're going to miss this! Those parties were so much fun. It's so sad we won't be able to see all you guys. We sorely miss our UCLA friends. Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment