Palmetto Bugs

I sit at this desk with fear in my fingers. I just saw a cocroach in Joel's desk drawyer. Now, at UCLA, if a tenant had cocroaches, that was a sure sign that they were filthy, or (in the Young's case) they had filthy neighbors. Here in SC, there are "Palmetto Bugs" in every garage, every attic, every house. It's the nature of extremely humid climates. Well, this particular cocroach got away. It's probably climbing inside the walls of the drawyer space. I am freaking out. Last year we saw maybe 5 the whole Summer. This year seems like a lot more. I promise...I am very clean, but this makes me want to clear out everything of my closets, drawyers, storage closets. YUCK! Anyone want to come visit? I'd suggest the Fall or Spring...less heat and fewer bugs!
4 comments:
Ewww! I would totally be freaked out too!
I noticed that you have "Water for Elephants" on your reading list. I just finished it and was really disappointed. 3 extremely innapropriate (disgusting) scenes and lots of language. You may want to think twice about it. Let me know how you like "The Road". I've been wanting to read that one too.
I already read those books...yeah, those were pretty raunchy scenes, but after the initial "yuck" shock, I still enjoyed the book. My mom's family was part of the carnival "carny folk." She said the book is a pretty accurate description of the people. So, I get it. Although I would NEVER recommend it to a Mormon book club! Joel LOVED The Road. It took me a long time to get into it, but I liked it by the end. Joel calls it the ultimate father-son love story. Post-apocalyptic, pretty dark, kind of sad. I loved Snowflower...I saw that you enjoyed it too. Keep me posted on any other great books. LOVE your blog!
Thanks for the update! I'll definitely have to check out "The Road".
ick!! i was just looking for airfare to SC, but on second thought...
Post a Comment