CREATE
Now I can't sleep, but know I will hate the morning if I don't. Wish me luck tomorrow! Loved this. Now that the house is sold and our stuff is shipped, I have much more time on my hands. It requires some creativity to keep the kids entertained, in and out of our new abode (small, dark 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor). Today I made banana bread. I'll share it with you!
Yummiest Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350.
1 pkg. cream cheese
¾ c. butter
Cream these above ingredients together. Add sugar and blend.
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. flour
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 ½ cups mashed banana (about 4)
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Add eggs one at a time to wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients and
add just til blended. Add bananas. Pour in 2 greased bread pans.
Make Streusel topping:
½ c. packed brown sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Sprinkle over top of bread. Cook at 350 for 50-60 minutes until knife
comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove and
cool for 30 more minutes.
Date-night: X-Man "Oranges" with my hubby. (Kimball's going to be really sad when he realizes he can't see it for a few years)
1 comment:
I'll be waiting for my loaf of banana bread to be delivered....
Post a Comment