Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Star Wars Party

Kimball's party was a Jedi Training Academy. All the young Padawans learned how to use the force, construct and use a light saber, etc. Their final battle was to conquer Darth Vader. The boys were very cute and VERY excited about the theme. One little guy had never seen any of the films, so the family rented episode IV to prepare. So glad we assisted in that conversion, bringing another youngling unto the knowledge of the force.
Can I just say that Costco makes a very good cake? In my attempt to "scale back" and make this as simple as possible, I ordered this baby and the kids LOVED it! No shame, right?

I love my husband...

These homemade light sabers turned out better in my head. The paint started chipping off almost immediately, so all of the boys were covered in colorful flakes. At least the soft pipe insulators didn't kill the Sith. Mental note, use pool "noodles" next time!

No comments: