Sunday, September 23, 2007


Cake Confessions...
I consider myself a pretty good baker...I bake all the time, but for some reason I have not decorated that many cakes. So, I decided to make Clara's birthday cake. No problem. Cake tasted great. Then she asked for a pink dog. Oh my gosh, I have a new respect for ya'll that are amazing cake decorators. I definitely failed! Go ahead and laugh, Marissa! Um, it kind of looked like a pig/Chihuahua/rat, and it was pink! Yo...but then, Morgan Moore posted this fabulous recipe for Carrot Cake and I totally redeemed myself (with Morgan's help). I thought, hey, I can do this. I can learn how to frost and pipe a cake. Wow, it was a fabulous carrot cake. Thanks, Morgan, for helping me not feel like such a failure.

6 comments:

L said...

The important thing is that I bet Clara LOVED the cake! The carrot cake is gorgeous, but the pink dog doesn't look so bad, either!

Doug and Dawn said...

Lindsay you are so funny. The little pink dog/rat cake looks like it turned out great. Your carrot cake was a success, both in taste and looks. I like what you have done with your blog.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! It looks delish : )

xoxo

the youngs said...

HA!! I love the pink Chihuahua--maybe Taco Bell could use it for their next ad! ;)

Emily Andrus said...

Hello Henriods,
We just entered the Blogosphere and got your link from all the other UCLA bloggers. Your blog is adorable and it looks like you guys are doing amazing in Charleston. I think we have missed you every time you have been in town. (this last time, I was at home with our new baby) Anyway, we miss you guys and hope all is well!!
Emily, Kevin, Ava, Bailey, and Sofia

The Corbridge's said...

Hey guys! The cakes are great but we miss your updates. We hope everything is going well.